Tuesday, October 23, 2012

blue

I treated myself with a trip to the tip shop today.

Honestly, I just freaking love it there. It's the thrill of the hunt, not knowing what I'll come home with and for how little.

Love. it.

Today, I handed over $2 and this blue perspex number came home with me. I'd love to know its story.

I have it sitting atop a metal locker-style console from Ikea, next to an art work of a New Orleans balcony scene that belonged to my husband's grandmother.

The little glass piece is Hoglund Art Glass and the neoprene basket was a present to myself when I was in New York.

That creepy crawly looking thing is an air plant.






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pele. Perspex is always a winner! I have the op-shop bug so bad...that I now keep my eyes peeled for my collector friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anita - I've done some research and suspect it's an old petrol price number. I hear you about the op-shop bug, I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i freaking LOVE the tip shop!!! i saw the most amazing thing at one, it was like 16 or so old school sinks lined up from like the 50's in all these beautiful pastel shades!! more often that not i come home from the tip shop with more than i dropped off....and hence why ones husband has banned one from going to the tip shop unaccompanied....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Little BIrd! That row of sinks would have been an amazing sight - there's a bar in Fremantle that's done a similar thing in the bathroom. They have a row of six, lined up against a painted black wall. Looks very cool. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to get out there for ages, this just gave me the kick up the bum i needed to do it. this weekend for sure.

    thanks Pele x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...