Monday, April 14, 2014

hello there



It's been a while since I posted anything of substance and I kind of feel like I have some splainin' to do!

It's the usual story. Life got busy and rather than post something less-than-interesting, I kept telling myself to wait, set aside some time, and post something I was actually proud of. Long story short, it just didn't happen and now an awkward amount of time has passed. 

Thing is, the work I've been doing over the past few years all stems from this blog. It was the creative outlet I so desperately needed in those early days. It was what led to my first freelance writing gig, which then led to paid styling work. So East of Hudson is important to me and like I said, I want to be proud of what I publish here. 

In order to dust myself off and keep going with it, I feel like I need a renewed focus. 

I'm still clarifying exactly where to go from here (and how to get there) but a couple of things are gently nudging me along, hopefully in the right direction.

One of those things is that I had a baby. His name is Eli, he is 17 weeks old, and he is everything that is good and beautiful and right in the world. Babies just are, aren't they. 

I've also been working on some small and inexpensive updates to our little house which I plan to write about. And there are a couple of other things in the pipeline, too... but more on that later.

So there you go, an explanation of sorts.

Onwards and upwards x


2 comments:

  1. hey! its you! congratulations and so nice to hear from you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amanda! Yup, back on deck - lovely to hear from YOU x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...